Monday 30 March 2015

The Sweet Spot 2.7.4

I organized the lesson in such a way that the senior eight geography class which had not studied the topic faulting had to use the Internet, gather up the information and teach fellow senior six students on the next day of the week in a way of making presentations on power point on.

Eight students were made to share one computer and they were a total of 62 students. The computers were networked on the Internet by the computer lab technician who was co-operative.

I first explained briefly what faulting was and then I instructed the students to open www.nationalgeogrephic.com or you tube and explore, then make a one and a half  pages notes about the origin of faulting.

It was after the lesson that they were to be joined with the senior six group the next day for the presentations.

Students surprised me when they gave out vivid explanations to their fellow students that I would probably fail to give if it was me doing it.

They even gave out more sites like www.mywonderfulworld.org, in which they explored more links.

The challenges we faced were:

An intermittent Internet connection and the slow computers when it came to video clips.

Noise from the students was too much in the lab.

The time for the lesson was between 7:20 am-9:20 am (EastAfrican standard time)-a tripple lesson but was not enough.

Some students never knew what exactly to do with the computers ( saw no connection between the internet and our lesson.

Students enjoyed the lesson and wished that if it could be always like that. Unfortunately it was my initiative to buy the Internet bundles. So, lessons can become too expensive on my side if I make it the way students wished.

No comments:

Post a Comment