Wednesday 15 April 2015

A Reflect of 3.1.4, technology integration models (SAMR and TPACK)

A Reflect of technology integration models (SAMR and TPACK)

I have learned that technology integration has several steps and measures. And that each step works at a given level of teaching/learning.

I have been introduced to two models-SAMR and TPACK models. 

I have understood more of the SAMR model than the TPACK model. The SAMR model has four levels i.e Substitution, Augementation, Modification and Redifinition.

In my operations at school, I have discovered that I have been using Substitution almost only; in case I used technology integration. My focus is going to be on trying the rest of the three steps of the model.


Even though the TPACK model integrates pedagogy, Knowledge content and technology, where a teacher fails out-whether has limited knowledge content or technology deficiency or otherwise, his weakness can easily be observed by anybody inclusive his students, which can be quite embarrassing on his side.
Thanks to CCTI

3 comments:

  1. Yes Semayobe the steps for technology integration are very many and they are all important and interesting. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Sulaiman. It is easy to understand SAMR right away but one needs to make an effort to understand TPACK as well. I know that it is more complicated than SAMR but if you understand SAMR then there is no problem with understanding TPACK. SAMR softens the ground for us. No fear of any embarrassment. We are all learners. Personally there are things I learn from my students in my subject and I never even get embarrassed to tell them that.

    ReplyDelete